In homes, sound can be a problem when it becomes unpleasant. If it’s not your next-door neighbours playing their stereo with the volume at its highest, then it’s your kids playing upstairs causing a whole of sound. At this point, it isn’t sound anymore, it’s noise and having some peace and quiet becomes your daily prayers.
What if you were able to keep the outside noise out? What if you could have all the peace and quiet you need? That will be a prayer answered right?
This is possible by soundproofing. One of the major contributors to noise in a room is the door because it is the weakest part of the room with the largest gap between its edges. To keep the noise out, you will need to soundproof your door.
There are many soundproofing materials to use when it comes to soundproofing your door, but they are not all effective. So, I am going to recommend the best soundproofing materials you should consider; stating the reasons why they are the best and also give you some tips that will help in making your choice.
MAXTID Door Draft Blocker
- Adjustable draft guard fits 32 to 38 inches doors windows and covers gaps up to...
- This under door draft blocker also help to reduces light, noise, wind, cold air...
- BLACK sound proof blocker match your dark color front door or bedroom door and...
This is one of the best door soundproofing materials not just because of its ability to stop sound from sneaking into the room but for its other benefits as we are going to see.
- MAXTID is an effective way to block noise, it goes as far as blocking smells, wind, cold air, bugs, dust and light from entering under the door.
- Installing it is so simple that you won’t break a sweat.
- It is very flexible and can fit under doors as long as 3 inches.
- It comes in diverse colours, making it easy to pick one that will match the colour and design of your door.
- It can cover the gap under doors to about 1.4 inches.
- It can be removed whenever you want and it won’t leave any scratch on the door or on the floor because it doesn’t require any glue. It has a stopper, other types come with loops.
- It moves with the door as you open and close it. It works on all floor types; whether a tiled floor or a carpeted floor it slides easily.
- It can be used for any of your doors; front door, back door, bathroom door, bedroom door, etc.
- It is a one-sided door draft blocker. It does not block both sides of the door and you get to choose if you want to block from the outside of your door or inside.
- It isn’t silent, it makes an annoying noise when gliding especially over hard floors.
STORM GUARD Internal Under Door Foam Draught
- seals gaps up to 25mm under the door
- can be cut to size with scissors
- no tools required
A great under door sound proofer suitable for doors inside your apartment.
- It covers the gap under doors to about 0.9 inches.
- It is a double-sided door blocker. It blocks both sides of the door.
- It can be cut to size fit into your door.
- It is self-adhesive, you don’t have to use glue for it
- It is suitable for windows too.
- It is not durable, it can wear and tear under pressure.
GroTheory 2 Pack Door Draft Stopper
- 1 Roll Size : 19mm wide x 11mm thick x 3050mm long
- self adhesive, No fixings required
- can be cut to size
GroTheory door draft blocker is one of the best under door soundproofing materials made of silicon material. Some great features of silicones are adhering abilities and insulating abilities.
- It is easy to install.
- It is very flexible and rigid at the same time, which can be bent.
- It is durable and can last for a very long time.
- Just as it is a great door sound proofer, during summer, it makes sure the air condition cooling don’t leave the room. And during winter, it keeps the heat in the room.
- It is easy to cut to the size of your door.
- The adhesive works on all door surfaces, including metal doors. The adhesion still works when removed for adjusting and re-application.
- It works great on tiles, carpets or a hard floor.
- It is made up of three (3) layers of silicon for effective sound insulation.
- It is perfect for exterior and interior doors.
- It is wide enough to fit any door as long as 39 inches in length.
- Being too rigid, it won’t move smoothly over carpets.
- Its great adhesiveness will likely remove the paintwork off your door if you try to remove it.
That is it for these products. With the reviews so far I believe making the right choice for a door sound proofer should be a walk in the park.
Things To Consider Before You Choose Any Of The Soundproofing Materials.
- Make sure you measure the gap under your door so you don’t end up buying a product that doesn’t cover the gaps completely. Some of these materials especially the double-sided door blocker works best with narrow gaps.
- If you are renting, going for adhesive door soundproofing may not be the best choice for two reasons; it might lose its adhesiveness when you change apartments and try to use it on another door and it might destroy the paintwork on the door of the previous apartment. It’s best you go for the ones with stoppers and loops. This shouldn’t be a problem if the apartment is yours.
- Clean and dry the under of your door before attaching any of the soundproof materials. If wet and dirty the adhesiveness of the materials will not work well.
- And a bonus, go for the best designs and colours that will blend right and give a great aesthetic view to your door.